Cross-Curricular Teaching in the Primary School: Planning and Facilitating Imaginative LessonsISBN10: 0415565553
Title: Cross-Curricular Teaching in the Primary School: Planning and Facilitating Imaginative Lessons
Publisher: Routledge; 1 edition (December 2, 2010)
Size ePub: 1581 kb
Size PDF: 1905 kb
Pages: 208 pages
Cross-Curricular Teaching in the Primary School: Planning and Facilitating Imaginative Lessons
Download Free Links
- 1905 downloads at 21 mb/s
How can teaching across the curriculum improve children’s learning? How can you plan meaningful, imaginative topic work?
Cross-Curricular Teaching in the Primary School helps teachers plan a more imaginative, integrated curriculum by presenting in accessible language a rationale and framework for teaching across the subjects. Illustrated throughout with examples of effective topic work in successful schools, this book provides guidance on the underpinning theory and strategies to facilitate cross-curricular work with young children. Issues covered include:
- how children learn
- developing the curriculum and lesson planning
- teaching and learning in an integrated way at KS1 and KS
- whole school approaches and team teaching for cross-curricular teaching
- the role of support staff in cross-curricular teaching
- improving children’s thinking skills
- supporting children with special needs
- using new media and drama to facilitate cross-curricular learning
- assessing cross-curricular learning.
Cross-Curricular Teaching in the Primary School provides much needed support for busy student and practising teachers. Packed with practical ideas, it offers an accessible guide to all aspects of introducing an integrated curriculum.