Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC), 4eISBN10: 0323023924
Title: Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC), 4e
Publisher: Mosby; 4 edition (October 28, 2003)
Size ePub: 1296 kb
Size PDF: 1270 kb
Pages: 1008 pages
Subcategory: Medicine & Health Sciences
Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC), 4e
Download Free Links
- 1270 downloads at 21 mb/s
- 1296 downloads at 22 mb/s
Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) presents the full range of nursing interventions, from general practice to all specialty areas. Developed by a research team at the University of Iowa, this clinical tool standardizes and defines the knowledge base for nursing curricula and practice, communicates the nature of nursing, and facilitates the appropriate selection of nursing interventions for nurses, including practicing nurses, nursing students, nursing administrators, and faculty.
- Includes 514 research-based nursing intervention labels to provide standardization of expected nursing interventions.
- Presents for each intervention: a definition, a list of activities the nurse does to implement the intervention, and references.
- Includes the full range of nursing interventions ― physiologic and psychosocial; illness treatment and prevention; health promotion; individual, group, family, and community; indirect and direct care; and independent and collaborative interventions ― for use in all practice and educational settings.
- Features a section that links NIC interventions to NANDA diagnoses to promote clinical decision making.
- Includes examples of implementation in practice and educational settings.
- Provides specialty core interventions for 43 specialties.