Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1eISBN10: 032304574X
Title: Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1e
Publisher: Mosby (September 6, 2007)
Size ePub: 1534 kb
Size PDF: 1575 kb
Pages: 464 pages
Subcategory: Medicine & Health Sciences
Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1e
Download Free Links
- 1575 downloads at 21 mb/s
- 1534 downloads at 22 mb/s
With cases reflecting the classic presentation format of each disease process, this book prepares students for patient encounters during their oral and maxillofacial surgery rotations. It also helps residents learn and review "high yield" material that is commonly found in oral and maxillofacial training and on board examinations. It highlights clinical information that is commonly asked during rounds, in the operating room, and during examinations. For each case, it includes an overview of the most common clinical presentation, physical exam findings, diagnostic tools, complications, treatment, and a discussion of any controversial issues that may surround the case. The authors describe Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery as "A little reach for the dental student, right on target for the OMS resident, and a strong refresher for OMS board certification."
- Case-based format prepares students and residents to pass the OMSSAT, with the Table of Contents corresponding to the exam's categories and questions.
- 95 clinical cases focus on essential information regarding each disease process.
- Detailed illustrations -- including radiographs and clinical photographs or drawings -- provide a visual guide to conditions, techniques, diagnoses, and key concepts.
- A companion CD-ROM features two timed, OMSSAT-style mock exams, with each question including the correct answer, the rationale, and a textbook reference.
- Contributing authors include recent graduates or senior residents in oral and maxillofacial surgery, so they are fully cognizant of students' and residents' needs as they prepare for cases, exams, and surgical procedures.
- Complements other Elsevier books such as Peterson: Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Fonseca: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and Ward Booth: Maxillofacial Surgery.