Modern Neuromuscular TechniquesISBN10: 0443071586
Title: Modern Neuromuscular Techniques
Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 2nd edition (June 9, 2003)
Size ePub: 1307 kb
Size PDF: 1595 kb
Pages: 276 pages
Subcategory: Medicine & Health Sciences
Modern Neuromuscular Techniques
Download Free Links
- 1595 downloads at 21 mb/s
- 1307 downloads at 22 mb/s
A textbook for practitioners, written in a common language understandable and acceptable to all bodywork therapists and acupressure practitioners. Provides instruction on making precise and systematic evaluations of soft tissue problems and gives up-to-date information of a specific range of related therapeutic techniques.
New material on trigger point phenomenon Expanded material on the concept of MNMT New section on myofascial release Enlarged section on Associated techniques New chapter on progressive inhibition of neuromuscular structures (PINS) technique incorporating new research on ischaemic compression New material on NMT in the treatment of fibromyalgia Expanded review of the work of DR Nimmo (American NMT practitioner) with reference to his original research Accompanying FREE CD Rom containing the complete text with video clips demonstrating the carrying out of the techniques described in the text More 2 colour illustrations.
- Clear descriptions of techniques show the reader how to rapidly and accurately identify and assess local soft tissue dysfunction.
- A clear set of treatment options for these dysfunctions clarify which techniques may be used safely by all bodywork practitioners and therapists.
- Both European and North American versions of NMT are presented and described.
- An analysis and comparison of the major reflex systems used in bodywork provides a link between bodywork and acupressure approaches.
- The author is a highly respected, internationally known teacher, practitioner and author, with contributions from two of the leading practitioners in the U.S.